Thursday, May 10, 2012

INDIGO MIXED BUNCH

Here is another Embossed Resist card, as promised!  I have used the Mixed Bunch stamp set again, but this time, chose the intricately designed flower.  I think it lends itself to a kind of snow flake.

I have used exactly the same steps as I did with THIS card, only this time, I used just one colour - Island Indigo.  I concentrated the sponging in the centre of the flower/snowflake, letting the ink run out as I moved to the outside of the image.

I love the different shades I managed to achieve with just this one colour.  I had a rude reminder that we are nearly halfway through the year, so this is my first Christmas card!  It can't hurt to be a little organised!

12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Paula. I haven't got this set yet, but after seeing this (& your previous) fabulous card, it's definitely on the list. Can't wait to try this technique. Love the depth of colour you have achieved &, yes, they definitely look like snowflakes! ♥ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Paula, this is beautiful, I think I may have to CASE this one for my first batch of chirstmas cards, maybe if I get started now I won't be chasing my own tail come christmas time!! Wishful thinking!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. And ... the perfect snowflake, too, Paula! Gorgeous! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, love the colours you have used. This is my favourite technique do do on cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card Paula! I like it alot! But talking about Christmas already??? Did you have to? Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card Paula. Love your colours, and striking emboss resist. Definitely snowflakish!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've ever used the word "STUNNING" with a card, but this one certainly deserves that adjective!!! love,love, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew this stamp would be perfect for a Christmas card...& you've proved it. Gorgeous! Love the sponging with the emboss resist.
    Hugs.D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paula this looks wonderful, who would of thought a flower stamp would make such a stunning Christmas snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love how you used the color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥