Global Design Project is now in it's 29th week of challenges. We are a team of international Stampin' Up! demonstrators that come together each week to inspire you with our projects. Each week, our challenge participation grows, with many of you playing along almost weekly! I can't tell you what that means to us! This week we bring you a colour challenge, which I loved as soon as I saw it!
I wanted to create a scene with these colours, even though they aren't typical colours that I would use. I felt it could be rather moody and textural if I laid them down the right way, and in the end, I was pleased with the result and thought you might like to know how I created this.
1. Using a 1" circle punch, punch a circle mask from a post-it-note and adhere to Very Vanilla card.
2. Sponge Tangelo Twist ink randomly, all over Very Vanilla card.
3. Sponge Bermuda Bay ink between the Tangelo Twist, while also blending together slightly.
4. "Pounce" the sponge a few times while adding the colours to your card. This helps to create texture.
5. Tear along the edge of a long post-it-note and mask off the top three quarters of your card, leaving the bottom of the card exposed. Heavily sponge Early Espresso ink on exposed card.
6. Remove both masks and sponge Early Espresso ink around the outer edge of the card.
7. Ink up a flower image from Wild About Flowers stamp set in Early Espresso ink and stamp along the top of the Espresso inked "hill" a couple of times. Make sure to frame a flower head in the "sun".
8. Stamp Sympathy sentiment in Versamark Ink and sprinkle with White Emboss Powder and heat set.
9. Centre and adhere stamped/sponged panel to a Very Vanilla mat. Wrap Bermuda Bay ribbon around bottom of the card and tie off with a bow.
10. Centre and adhere art panel to Early Espresso mat.
11. Centre and adhere Early Espresso piece to Tangelo Twist card front.
This is a standard sized card and you can make the art piece and mats any size you want, which is why I haven't given measurements - make it your own and have fun. I also carried the design to the inside of the card to complete the project.
To create this project, I used the following products, available for purchase at my Online Store: Spend $110 until the end of March and choose a FREE SAB item! Use March hostess Code: SS9AS4MT
Wild About Flowers stamp set, Rose Wonder stamp set, Early Espresso Card & Ink, Tangelo Twist card & Ink, Very Vanilla Card, Bermuda Bay ink, Versamark Ink, Bermuda Bay stitched Ribbon, Sponges, 1" Circle Punch, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, White Emboss Powder
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please allow Demonstrator Contact, so I can thank you properly when you place your orders.