Monday, February 6, 2017

A RACING STRIPE FOR GDP#073

Welcome back to another Global Design Project colour challenge.  Denita Wright is our guest designer this week after being selected from our last colour challenge.  That could be you too if you play along!  Be sure to leave Denita some comment love for her awesome design!


This colour combination certainly lends itself to florals but I wanted to take a different approach this week and create something bold, lineal and minimal.  I went for a racing stripe!


I masked off stripes and sponged colour from top to bottom, letting the ink blend out as I went, finishing with this large black sentiment.  Quick, simple and BOLD!  Mission accomplished.


I know this colour combination is a wee challenge.  It is pretty bright and I look forward to seeing what you all come up with.


Play along for a chance to be our Guest Designer in our next colour challenge!

All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use the latest host code (in my sidebar) and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

12 comments:

  1. I love this!! I've got to try the 'racing stripe' now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula. What a great quick card! I also wanted to congratulate you on being choosen Artisan this year. What a fab honor and very well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Lynn ♥

      Delete
  3. I am loving your clean and simple design! The trail of color that fades off into a pop of contrast into the bold sentiment--simply brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great way to handle a colour combination that's tricky! Thanks for visiting xox

      Delete
  4. Lovely card Paula, I love a bit of ink blending! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite too Hannah. Thanks for visiting ♥

      Delete
  5. What a brilliant idea for a challenging combo- a true artisan! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your CAS design. The black sentiment looks great with this colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a simple, effective use of the colours - Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Paula! Simple yet stunning! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥