Thursday, July 27, 2017

LIFE IS A BEAUTIFUL THING - STAMP TO SHARE

One of the most popular stamp sets and bundles from the new catalogue amoungst my ladies has to be Colorful Seasons.  I am thrilled that the Stamp to Share blog hop this month features that very same bundle!


I created two completely different cards for today's hop.  The first is a sympathy card, little realising when I made it that I would be giving it away almost at once, sadly.

I absolutely love the new Very Vanilla Thick card.  It's perfect for card bases and for embossing on.  To create the texture I have on the little leaves, I simply inked up my stamp as normal, then before lifting off the ink pad to stamp, I slid it off instead, creating this fab texture!  I recently featured this technique at my local Techniques classes and it as a huge hit!


The second card is bright and fun, completely opposite to the neutrals of the first card.  I was dreaming of summer when I made this card - can't you tell?  Winter is making itself felt right now and a beach chair is certainly holding some big appeal!


Colorful Seasons is a photopolymer stamp set, so even though there is a ton of repeat stamping on this card, I didn't need to use a stamp placement tool to make it.  I could see exactly where I was stamping.


I was going to make this a single layer card, but in the end, it was begging for a bright sunshiney bow and the sentiment was a great size to place over the top.  Don't you just love the Glitter Enamel dots?  They make the perfect accents!

Next on the hop is the lovely and very clever, Caroline van der Straaten in the Netherlands!


Monica Gale - UK
Amy Koenders - USA
Rochelle Blok - Australia
Sandi MacIver - Canada 
Paula Dobson - New Zealand (You are here)
Caroline van der Straaten - Netherlands
Barbara Becker - Austria
Nadine Koeller - Germany
Moira McIlroy - France

All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator! When you shop Online with me, please the current host code (in my side bar) and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can invite you to my exclusive VIP Facebook Group and thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

12 comments:

  1. 2 very different cards and the technique of sliding the stamp off the ink pad is fab, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fall card! The wood texture paper is perfect with those leaves. And the beach chairs are sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Paula, how I love your style! That first card is tha bomb!!
    I was wondering what to do with that woodpaper, but you just don't have to twist your arm {Dutch saying} to make something absolutely beautiful with it. Amazing!
    Those beach chairs are fun too, but the other one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations as always - you are so talented. I love this bundle too - I just need to find some time to sit and create with it. Thanks for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards Paula, the wood texture one is my absolute favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are great, but I am really loving the Thinking of You card. The wood textures against the white is bold and beautiful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. have to say, I caught my breath when I opened this blog post, that leaf card is so dramatic - totally amazing.....love everything about it...and then we go to the beach....I love the colours you chose for the chairs, so happy, makes me want to pick up that drink and sit down, haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous cards Paula! I wondered how you stamped those small leaves and now I know. Thanks for sharing that tip. The leaves look awesome like that! Love the fun and summeriness (is that a word. Ha!)of your second card. Really making me wish winter was long gone! Thanks for sharing two awesome cards. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all your lovely comments, they are so appreciated ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Paula, how Iovely your cards are?
    Your first card is amazing and my favorite :) ! Love the style with the wood paper and the dots background, so cute! Your second card are wonderful too, because i like the colors between Dapper Denim, Berry Burst and Crushed Curry :) ! Thank you for your lovely ideas, Nadine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥